RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT (THIS “AGREEMENT”) HAS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS.
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to enter and remain at BMO Field, including all surrounding parking areas, pedestrian plazas, entryways, and other ancillary areas (collectively, the “Stadium”) for a home game or other event of Toronto FC, I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, next of kin, and other persons acting or purporting to act on my or their behalf (collectively, “Related Persons”), hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
- Acknowledgments of COVID-19 and Other Risks. I fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation, or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, and there is an inherent danger and risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that will be implemented from time to time by Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (collectively, the “Team Entities”) and/or third parties (including, but not limited to, federal and state governmental agencies) (collectively, the “Stadium Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions can be and have been adversely affected by COVID-19, according to public health authorities (i) people with certain underlying medical conditions are or may be especially vulnerable, including, but not limited to, people with chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, moderate to severe asthma, liver disease, compromised immune systems (including as a result of organ transplant), obesity, serious heart conditions, sickle cell disease, and type 2 diabetes, and (ii) the risk of severe illness from the contraction of COVID-19 increases steadily with age, and contracting COVID-19 can result in the further transmission of COVID-19 to my spouse, family members, and other contacts; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition. I fully understand and knowingly and voluntarily assume all risks related to my entry into, and presence in, the Stadium, which may include an increased risk of exposure to illness (including, without limitation, COVID-19), personal injury, disability, other short-term or long-term health effects, AND/OR death, which might result from the actions, inactions, or negligence of MYSELF, any of the Released Parties (as defined below), OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. I accept personal responsibility for any and all damages, liability, and other losses that I or any of my Related Persons may incur in connection with the foregoing risks.
- Release, Waiver of Liability, and Covenant Not to Sue. (A) on behalf of myself and each of my Related Persons, I hereby KNOWINGLY, voluntarily, irrevocably, AND FOREVER release, waive, and discharge (and covenant not to sue), each and all of the Released Parties from (or with respect to) any and all claims, suits, causes of action, and claims for damages, whether past, present, or future, and whether known or unknown, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, SUFFERING OF SHORT-TERM OR LONG-TERM HEALTH EFFECTS, OR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, which I or any of my Related Persons may have or hereafter accrue against any of the Released Parties as a result of or that relate in any way to (i) my exposure to COVID-19; (ii) mY travel to and from, ENTRY INTO, OR presence within, the STADIUM or compliance with THE Stadium Protocols or any other policies or protocols applicable to the stadium; (iii) ANY INTERACTION BETWEEN ME AND ANY PERSONNEL OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES PRESENT AT the STADIUM (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY USHERS, TICKET-TAKERS, EVENT SECURITY, HEALTH AND SAFETY PERSONNEL, OR CLEANING, CONCESSIONS, OR PARKING PERSONNEL); or (iv) any of the risks identified above in Section 1, in each case whether caused by any action, inaction, or negligence of any Released Party or otherwise.
(B) For the purposes hereof, the “Released Parties” are: (i) major league soccer, l.l.c. AND ITS AFFILIATES (“mls”), soccer united marketing, llc (“SUM”), THE MEMBERS OF MLS AND EACH OF THE MLS TEAMS OPERATED BY THEM, and each of their respective DIRECT AND INDIRECT affiliates, MEMBERS, administrators, designees, licensees, agents, owners, officers, directors, employees, SPONSORS, INVITEES, AND contractors (AND ALL EMPLOYEES OF SUCH CONTRACTORS), and other personnel (collectively, including MLS, SUM, AND THE TEAM ENTITIES, the “mls Parties”); (ii) the DIRECT AND INDIRECT owners, lessees, and sublessees of the stadium; (Iii) concessionaires, merchandisers, other vendors, and all other contractors performing services at the stadium; (iv) other third parties present at or from time to time brought to the stadium (including, without limitation, medical personnel); and (v) any parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and related companies, and officers, directors, owners, members, managers, partners, employers, employees, agents, contractors, sub-contractors, insurers, representatives, successors, and/or assigns of each of the foregoing entities and persons, whether past, present, or future, and whether in their institutional or personal capacities.
- Governing Law. I agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to choice of law principles.
- Severability. I agree that if any provision or part thereof contained in this Agreement is declared illegal, unenforceable, or ineffective, such provision or part thereof shall be modified, if possible, in order to achieve the intentions of the parties, and, if necessary, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed severable, such that all other provisions contained in this Agreement shall remain valid and binding.
- Term. This Agreement is perpetual in nature and applies to all activities and events at the Stadium for which I am present for or participate in, and all Claims arising therefrom, from the date of execution.