Another week, another quick turnaround. Toronto FC set their sights onto New York City FC for a mid-week clash between the fourth and fifth seeds in the Eastern Conference. Here's everything you need to know ahead of Wednesday's match.
Who: New York City
When: Wednesday, September 23, 7:00 PM ET
Where: Red Bull Arena, New Jersey
TV: TSN 1/4
Radio: TSN 1050
- Toronto FC embracing the challenging schedule ahead, focused on discipline + execution against New York City
- TRAINING SOUND | Greg Vanney
- TRAINING SOUND | Quentin Westberg
- Toronto FC Announces Remaining MLS Regular Season Schedule
- Ayo Akinola expecting bounce back after Toronto FC draw in first match stateside
- Toronto FC occupies the fourth seed in the East with 22 points through 12 games.
- New York is one spot behind the Reds with 17 points.
- The first match of phase two for both TFC (2-2 vs. DC) and NYC (0-0 vs. NE) ended in draws.
- Alejandro Pozuelo picked up his fourth goal of the season on the weekend and still holds the league lead in assists with eight.
- Ayo Akinola leads the team with six goals, four behind the league lead.
- With an appearance on Wednesday night, Chris Mavinga will reach the century mark with the Reds.