The Reds look to get back on track when they take on New York City FC in a mid-week clash at The Rent. Here's everything you need to know ahead of Wednesday's match.
Who: New York City FC
When: Wednesday, October 28, 7:30 PM ET
Where: Rentschler Field, Connecticut
TV: TSN 1/3/4/5
Radio: TSN 1050
- TRAINING SOUND | Greg Vanney
- TRAINING SOUND | Quentin Westberg
- Toronto FC using loss to Philadelphia to set the bar for mentality, commitment & focus
- The Reds are tied with the Philadelphia Union atop the Supporters' Shield race with 41 points but fall to second due to the tie-breaker (goal differential).
- TFC have three games to regain first place: vs. NYCFC (Wed, Oct 28) vs. MIA (Sun, Nov 1) @ RBNY (Sun, Nov 8)
- The Union schedule is no cakewalk to the delight of TFC fans: vs. CHI (Wed, Oct 28) @ CLB (Sun, Nov 1) vs. NE (Sun, Nov 8)
- This will be the fourth meeting between the two sides in 2020. The Reds took the two regular-season matches 1-0, while New York eliminated the Reds in the MLS is Back Tournament 3-1 back on July 26.
- New York City is fifth in the Eastern Conference with 30 points.
- The club is hopeful to have Ayo Akinola and his eight goals this season back in the lineup against New York City. While Chris Mavinga, Eriq Zavaleta, Pablo Piatti and Jonathan Osorio are all questionable.
- Alejandro Pozuelo still leads the league in assists with 10 on the year to go along with his 8 goals.