BMO Field and Major League Soccer are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadium. Fans have a right to expect and enjoy an environment:
- Where Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Free from fighting, thrown objects, attempts to enter the field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behaviour, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Where Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
- Where Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
- Where Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Where Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
- Free of Prohibited Items and Restricted Items (as defined below).
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct at BMO Field or while attending any Major League Soccer match regardless of venue, is subject to sanctions at the discretion of building security and club management, including ejection, arrest and banishment from all MLS venues. Moreover, failure to abide by this Code of Conduct for Toronto FC matches (regardless of location) may result in loss of Season and Partial Ticket Privileges. Toronto FC season ticket and suite holders are reminded that they are responsible for the behavior of anyone using their tickets. Should you experience any difficulties on an event day, please text your issue and location to 647-933-5354 or contact the nearest BMO Field Usher, Security or Fan Services Representative. Standard text message rates apply. On non-event days, please contact Fan Services at 416-815-5982. We thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct and for making this event special and memorable to you and your fellow patrons.
For greater clarity, and without limiting the foregoing, the following actions will result in ejection from BMO Field and/or the issuance of a trespass notice:
- Smoking on BMO Field premises
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticket seat
- Any disruption to the progress of the event by a guest’s actions
- Possession of a Prohibited Item
- Throwing objects of any kind*
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption
- Failure to comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures
- Any act which in the opinion of TFC officials presents a risk to the safety of fans or Stadium personnel
*Please note that the use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
For the safety and security of our fans, possession of any of the items listed below, or possession of any other object which endangers the safety of others (as determined by building staff in their reasonable discretion), will, in addition to any other remedies contemplated under the stadium Code of Conduct, result in immediate ejection from the Stadium:
- Flares, smoke bombs, sparklers or fireworks of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Any missile/projectile like objects
- Illegal drugs and any other illegal substances Restricted Items
For the safety and security of our fans, the following is not permitted inside the stadium:
- Umbrellas (Fans should bring raincoats/ponchos for inclement weather)
- Outside food & beverage of any kind
- Metal or glass containers of any kind
- Backpacks and large bags over 14x14x6 inches (subject to search)
- Large flags, banners and drums
- Noisemakers (airhorns, whistles, cowbells, horns, etc.)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, silly string, etc.)
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, shoes with wheels
- Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind
- Un-approved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Pets, with the exception of service animals
- Masks (worn in your seat only, must be removed when leaving your section)
- Strollers or baby seats may not be taken into the stands or left in section entrances
- Tripods, selfie sticks and/or monopods
Please see Fan Services for assistance with these items.
Fans found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of it. Fans that refuse to comply may be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest. Management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. All bags, jackets, and guests are subject to search upon entering the facility. Some events such as concerts and other sanctioned events may have additional prohibited items or a different camera policy. For specific information, please contact Fan Services prior to the event at 416-815-5982.
Other Stadium Policies
The BMO Field camera policy is different for each event, based on the requests of the teams or promoters. For Toronto FC matches, non-flash still photography and small handheld video cameras are permitted. Still photos or video must be for personal use only. For all other events, please contact Fan Services prior to the event day for event specific information. BMO Field is a smoke-free facility. Smoking, including the smoking of E-cigarettes, is prohibited in and around the stadium save and except designated areas located outside the stadium. Fans must have their ticket scanned at the gate to exit to smoke and be allowed re-entry.